EU Patent Reform: The oral hearing on Spain’s actions at the CJEU,
Article describing the course of the hearing and possible impacts of the proceedings’ outcome for the implementation of the “unitary patent package” (Published on 28/07/2014)
On 1 July 2014, the European Court of Justice (CJEU) held an oral hearing on Spain’s nullity actions against the Regulations on the “unitary patent” and its language regime. Although the three-hour hearing does not allow any direct conclusions on the Court’s position, the “unitary patent package” might face new difficulties whatever the outcome of the proceedings will be. A report from Luxembourg.
- Download English version (article of 28/07/2014, PDF)
- Download German version (article of 28/07/2014, PDF)
- Link to Regulation (EU) No. 1257/2012 of 17/12/2012 (PDF)
- Link to Regulation (EU) No. 1260/2012 of 17/12/2012 (PDF)
- Link to CJEU decision in case C-270/12 (United Kingdom v Parliament and Council) of 22/01/2014
- Link to interlocutory decision R 19/12 of the EPO Enlarged Board of Appeal of 25/04/2014 (PDF, German)
- Link to “Statement of Positon” of Advocate General Juliane Kokott in matter 1/09 of 02/07/2010 (PDF) | Original (PDF, French)
- Link to CJEU decision in case C-361/01 (Kik v OHIM) of 09/092003 (PDF)
- Link to CJEU decision in case C-274/11 (Spain and Italy v Council) of 16/04/2013 (PDF)
- Link to the protocol of Prime Minister Cameron’s statement in the House of Commons on 02/07/2012 on the European Council summit of 28-29/06/2012 and its results in relation to the “unitary patent” and court system (Hansard)
If you wish to support my work, you can do so here. Many thanks!