This website is operated in accordance with the applicable legislation on the protection of personal data, especially with the European “General Data Protection Regulation” (“GDPR”). Personal data is collected by this website only to the extent technically necessary.
1. Name and Contact Details of the Controller of Data Processing
This data protection information applies to data processing by the law firm of Dr. Ingve Björn Stjerna (hereinafter “the Firm”).
Controller of Data Processing:
Dr. Ingve Björn Stjerna
Berliner Allee 59
40212 Düsseldorf / Germany
++49 211 985 95 946
2. Collection and storage of personal data and type and purpose of their use
Upon accessing the website www.stjerna.de, information is automatically sent to the server of this website by the browser used on the end device of the page visitor (hereinafter “visitor” [m/f/d]). This information is temporarily stored in a so-called log file. The following information is recorded without the visitor’s contribution and stored until automatically deleted:
- IP address of the requesting computer; this is already anonymised on the provider side and is only accessible to the Firm in this anonymised form;
- Timestamp: Date and time of the access;
- Request line: Name and URL of the accessed file;
- Status code of the accessed page or file as defined by the Internet Assigned Numbers Authority;
- Size of the response body: Volume of data retrieved by the visitor;
- Referrer-URL: Website from which this website is accessed;
- User agent sent by the client, in particular information on the type and version of the browser used by the site visitor and, if applicable, the operating system used by him.
The aforementioned information is processed by the Firm for the following purposes:
- Ensuring a smooth connection to and a comfortable use of the website,
- Evaluation of system security and stability and for other administrative purposes.
The legal basis for the data processing is Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit f GDPR. The legitimate interest of the Firm follows from the above-mentioned purposes for data collection. Under no circumstances will the data collected be used to draw conclusions about the visitor’s person. Furthermore, cookies and an analysis service are used when visiting this website. More detailed explanations on this can be found in sections 4 and 5 of this data protection declaration.
3. Transfer of Data
The visitor’s personal data will not be transferred to third parties for purposes other than those listed below.
Personal data of the visitor will only be transferred to third parties if:
- he has given its express consent pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. a GDPR;
- pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 letter f GDPR the transfer is necessary for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims and there is no reason to assume that the visitor has an overriding interest worthy of protection that his data be not transferred;
- in the event that there is a legal transfer obligation under Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. c GDPR; and
- this is legally permissible and required for the processing of contractual relationships with the visitor according to Art. 6 para. 1 S. 1 lit. b GDPR.
Cookies are used on this website. These are small files which are automatically created by the visitor’s browser and which are stored on the visitor’s end device (laptop, tablet, smartphone or similar) when visiting this website. The cookie contains information that is related to the specific device used. This does not mean, however, that it is possible to draw direct conclusions about the identity of the visitor.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies. However, the visitor’s browser can be configured in such way that no cookies are stored on his computer or a message is always displayed before this happens. The complete deactivation of cookies may mean that not all functions of the website can be used. Cookies can also be manually removed from the visitor’s system using the delete function provided in the visitor’s browser.
Insofar as cookies are used, they are deleted automatically when the browser session is ended or after a fixed period of time. Detailed information on the cookies used can be found in the visitor’s browser.
The data processed by cookies are required for the aforementioned purposes in order to safeguard the legitimate interests of the Firm as well as those of third parties in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDPR.
5. Analysis tool
The provider of this website offers an analysis tool for the statistical evaluation of access to this website. The statistics generated by this analysis tool are based on the information collected and stored according to section 2 above. These statistics can be viewed both graphically and textually and can be displayed for different time periods (hours, days, months).
These statistical evaluations are not linked to other data sources, especially not to personal data. The information generated is processed by the provider of this website on a server in Germany. It is not passed on to third parties.
The processing is carried out on the basis of Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR. The Firm has a legitimate interest in determining the scope of use of this website in order to be able to design it accordingly.
The data is deleted as soon as it is no longer required for statistical purposes, but after 12 months at the latest.
6. Rights of affected persons
The visitor has the right:
- in accordance with Art. 15 GDPR, to request information on his personal data processed by the Firm. In particular, he may request information on the purposes of processing, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom the data have been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period, the existence of a right of rectification, erasure, restriction of processing or opposition, the existence of a right of appeal, the origin of his data, if not collected by the Firm, as well as the existence of automated decision making including profiling and, if applicable, meaningful information on the details thereof;
- pursuant to Art. 16 GDPR, to demand without delay the correction of incorrect personal data or the completion of his personal data stored with the firm;
- in accordance with Art. 17 GDPR, to request the deletion of his personal data stored by the Firm, unless the processing is necessary to exercise the right to freedom of expression and information, to fulfil a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or to assert, exercise or defend legal claims;
- in accordance with Art. 18 GDPR, to demand the restriction of the processing of his personal data if the accuracy of the data is disputed by him, the processing is unlawful but he refuses to have it deleted and the Firm no longer needs the data, but he needs it for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims or has lodged an objection to the processing in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR;
- in accordance with Art. 20 GDPR, to receive his personal data provided to the Firm in a structured, common and machine-readable format or to request their transmission to another responsible person;
- pursuant to Art. 7 para. 3 GDPR, to revoke the consent given to the Firm at any time. As a result, the Firm may no longer continue in the future the data processing which was based on this consent; and
- to complain to a supervisory authority in accordance with Art. 77 GDPR. Usually, he can turn to the supervisory authority of his usual place of residence or workplace or the seat of the Firm.
7. Right of objection
Insofar as the visitor’s personal data are processed on the basis of legitimate interests in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit f GDPR, the visitor has the right under Art. 21 GDPR to object to the processing of this data, if there are reasons for doing so arising from his particular situation or if the objection is directed against direct advertising. In the latter case, the visitor has a general right of objection, which is implemented by the Firm without indication of a specific situation. To exercise this right of revocation or objection, an e-mail to email@example.com is sufficient.
8. Data security
The website uses the widely used SSL (“Secure Socket Layer”) procedure in conjunction with the highest level of encryption supported by the visitor’s browser. As a rule, this is a 256-bit encryption. If the browser does not support 256-bit encryption, 128-bit v3 technology is used instead. Whether an individual page of this website is transmitted in encrypted form can be seen from the closed display of the key or lock symbol in the status bar of the browser. Furthermore, suitable technical and organisational security measures are used to protect the visitor’s data against accidental or deliberate manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or unauthorised access by third parties. The security measures are continuously improved in line with technological developments.
9. Links to other websites
This website contains links to websites of other providers to which this data protection declaration does not extend.
Due to the further development of this website or due to changes in legal or official regulations, it may become necessary to amend this data protection declaration. The current data protection declaration can be accessed and printed out at any time at https://www.stjerna.de/data-protection/?lang=en.