EU Patent Reform: Failed for now,
Article on the results of the Brussels summit of the European Council on 28-29/06/2012 with regard to the planned EU “unitary patent” (Published on 30/07/2012)
At its summit in Brussels on 28 and 29 June 2012 the European Council, composed of the heads of state and governments of the Member States of the European Union (and not be confused with the Council of the European Union, being a legislative body), reached an agreement on the creation of a EU “unitary patent” and a corresponding court system. However, casually a change was encouraged which may now throw back the whole project to its starting point.
- Download English version (article of 30/07/2012, PDF)
- Download German version (article of 30/07/2012, PDF)
- Council document EUCO 76/12 “European Council 28/29 June 2012, Conclusions“ of 20/07/2012 (English or German, PDF)
- Link to the video recording of the Legal Affairs Committee meeting on 26/11/2012
- Link to the video recording of the Legal Affairs Committee meeting on 21/11/2011
- Link to the video recording of the European Parliament session on 02/07/2012
- Link to the video recording of the Legal Affairs Committee meeting on 10/07/2012
If you wish to support my work, you can do so here. Many thanks!